Top mobile phones you can't live with

Get paid To Promote at any Location

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's day

Father’s Day: The Story of
Team Hoyt

June 19, 2010

Two months back, I
read about how
unnecessary these
special “days” were.
How it’s a gimmick by
marketers to sell their
products. I usually
ignore the “Happy blah
blah Day” texts that
come.
Sunday is the 100th
anniversary of Father’s
Day. And as expected, I
hadn’t (still haven’t)
really thought of doing
anything to prove to
my father now special
he is. He doesn ’t need a
particular day to be
told how much I
respect and appreciate
him. It seems
hypocritical to say ‘I
love you, dad’ one day
and take him for
granted the rest of the
year.
So, with this blog post,
it may seem like I ’m
contradicting myself.
But that ’s ok. Because
when I came across
this story, I felt
compelled to write
about it. And would
have written about it
even if it wasn ’t
Father’s Day.
While surfing the
internet, I came across
a wonderful story of a
father-son duo. They ’re
popularly known as
Team Hoyt. Rick has
cerebral palsy. His
inability to talk or walk
could have
handicapped him, if it
weren ’t for his father.
Dick Hoyt made sure
his son led as normal a
life as any other child
of his age would. From
helping his son receive
a college degree to
participating in
marathons, this father
didn ’t leave any stone
unturned to make a
difference to his son’s
life.
So there you go. Dick
Hoyt, an inspiration for
millions all over the
world. Their story is
worth sharing, even if
that means I ’ve to go
back on my words and
celebrate Father ’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment